linuxppc_2_4_devel from denx vs. bitkeeper

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 23 07:19:01 EST 2003

Dear Brian,

in message <995FF289C9D69747A09E42992644595405B2367F at penguin.adic.com> you wrote:

> How do you manage CVS and bk together? In other words, how do you pull
> bitkeeper updates into your CVS controlled source tree?

Simply:  I  don't.  I  tried  several  ways,  but  probably  I  don't
understand  enough of BK to make it work reliably. So I just generate
patches between certain BK versions, which I  then  import  into  our
CVS.

> However, I ran a test to make sure this would work and ran into a problem.
> This is what I tested:

I tried similar things, and always  ran  into  some  cases  where  an
automatic approach would fail.

> Any words of wisdom??

Sorry, I'm neither a BK nor a CVS guru (but I manage  to  do  my  job
with CVS).

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the  occurence
of the improbable.                                    - H. L. Mencken