PowerPC 440GP-specific optimization with gcc

Roland Dreier roland at digitalvampire.org
Sat Feb 22 14:30:47 EST 2003

We have a PowerPC 440GP-based design running Linux.  Right now our
kernel and applications are built with gcc for a "405" target
(essentially by using the -m405 flag).

This works fine, and all of our executables run with no problem.
However, we are interested in optimizing specifically for the 440.  As
far as I can tell, neither gcc 2.95 nor gcc 3.2.2 have any support for
this.

Is anyone aware of any work in this direction?

Thanks,
  Roland
--
Roland Dreier  <roland at digitalvampire.org>  GPG Key: 1024D/E0EEFAC0
Fingerprint:     A89F B5E9 C185 F34D BD50  4009 37E2 25CC E0EE FAC0