PowerMac vs. Intel for PowerPC Development Host

Cort Dougan cort at fsmlabs.com
Fri Feb 21 06:43:18 EST 2003

Ah, if that's the case, another data point.  The 2.8 GHz dual P4, with
hyperthreading on (very important) and make -j 8 gives me a 1m 45s _devel
tree build for the ebony.  If the cache is warm it's faster but that's
with a cold buffer cache.

} I wasn't trying to compare fairly, mostly get the lowest possible
} compile time.
}
}