NFS and ram filesystems

Ing.Gianfranco Morandi gianfranco.morandi at euro-studio.it
Fri Feb 21 05:19:22 EST 2003

Dear friends,

We are finalizing our project on a custom 8260 board and as suggested in
many "Linux HOWTO" we are trying to move from NFS to ram filesystem.
Actually we have burned the flash with both kernel and ramdisk images and
modified the initial bootargs variable to indicate where to find the two
images.
At this point all is working, but the ramdisk image is obviously too small
to support the whole application (Flash size cannot be larger than 2Mbytes).

The question is:
How can I boot the board by using PPCboot, mount initially the NFS
filesystem, load a new big ramdisk image and finally remount root on
ramdisk?
Any help would be appreciated.

many thanks

Gianfranco