PowerMac vs. Intel for PowerPC Development Host

brian.auld at adic.com brian.auld at adic.com
Thu Feb 20 08:52:58 EST 2003

A while back I wrote an email to this list regarding development kit
suggestions. Based mainly on feedback from this email, I am currently moving
in the Intel/ELDK direction.

Out of all the feedback I received, only one person suggested developing on
a PowerMac based Linux box, thus eliminating the need for cross-compiling. I
have become more interested in this option as some people in our company
have noted that cross-compiling embedded linux presented problems on past
projects when it came to building certain 3rd party applications.

In the Intel vs. Mac debate for a linux development host for embedded ppc
development, if money was not an issue, would I get more PowerMac
recommendations??

Thanks,

-- Brian