rs_timer

Prakash kanthi pkanthi at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 05:18:22 EST 2003

Hi Folks,

I observed that, even after linux boots and INIT
process starts, rs_timer stays active and causes the
rs_interrupt_single to be called.

I saw a posting on rs_timer on this message board by
mvista, which says
----------
> Once you hit userland, /dev/ttyS0 is opened and
serial I/O is normally interrupt driven. Prior to that
it uses the polled serial console routines in the
driver. Now, the rs_timer() kludge claims to work for
non-interrupt driven I/O but I've never heard of
anybody using it. You should just hook up your
interrupt controller.

If this is true, after INIT process is invoked, why
does the rs_timer function is called? ByTheWay, my
interrupt controller is on.

Thanks,
Prakash