405GPr support in linux2.4.18

Eugene Surovegin ebs at ebshome.net
Wed Feb 19 19:54:45 EST 2003

At 02:11 AM 2/18/2003, Laurent Mohin wrote:
>I'm designing a board with 405GP processor. I'm now trying to have it
>working with a 405GPr version.
>I've started to configure it working in legacy mode and made the necessary
>changes in PPCBoot.
>
>Once downloaded, my kernel hung in early_init function when it called the
>memset_io to zero the BSS. Using a BDI2000 debugger, I saw that I've
>reached the bad_page_fault function.
>
>The only difference I know between 405GP and 405GPr in legacy mode is data
>cache size. How does the kernel manage it?

We successfully run 405GPr based board (in legacy mode) with the _same_
kernel we used for 405GP.
We don't use any 405GPr specific features though.

As far as I understand, the only function which depends on the data cache
size is flush_dcache_all in (arch/ppc/kernel/misc.S).
But it already handles the worst case which is 440GP (32K), so no change is
needed for 405GPr.

Eugene