Cannot allocate resource region 0 of PCI bridge 0

Laurent Mohin laurent.mohin at acterna.com
Wed Feb 12 19:59:36 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm designing my own board around a 405GP and a 82371 Intel Southbridge
(these are the only devices on the PCI bus).
When Linux boots, I've got the following message when probing PCI :

PCI: Probing PCI hardware
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of PCI bridge 0
PCI: resource is 0..ffff (100), parent c01e5678
PCI:00:01.2: Resource 4: 0000ffe0-0000ffff (f=101)

I've obtained the last 2 lines by turning on the DEBUG flag in the pci.c file.

I guess there's a conflict in the memory resource I need (probably in the PCI I/O space). How can I gather more information about this conflict?
>From where does this 0..FFFF resource come from?

Thanks for help,

Laurent

Laurent MOHIN