U-Boot question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 12 04:36:42 EST 2003

In message <NEEAIENMOLHNBKKFKIDMMEEICAAA.cedric_aubert at softhome.net> you wrote:

> I am in the state "while(learning){ .... }" of the U-Boot Porting Guide in
> the README file.
> The option CFG_SDRAM_BASE is the physical start address of SDRAM.
> Okay, I understand that. But it's written _Must_ be 0 here.

Right. Linux on PowerPC expects RAM to start at 0.

> How can I do if my SDRAM ( on a MPC860 Board ) start at 04000000 ???

Just define a memory map where your SDRAM starts  at  0.  The  memory
controller is programmed in software, so you can chose any memory map
you like.

> PS : Sorry to don't post to the U-Boot mailing list but I have a failure
> notice each time
> I try to post on it. (550-Envelope sender verification failed)

Then fix this!

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The use of Microsoft crippleware systems is a sin that  carries  with
it its own punishment.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <6bo3fr$pj8$5 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>