was: FEC on MPC860T & race condition

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Wed Feb 5 03:14:08 EST 2003

I wrote:

>>I just hab a look at arch/ppc/8xx_io/fec.c in the recent linuxppc_2_4 and
>>could find this problem fixed! The MII irq is still requested very early
>>without waiting for the PHY to discovered!
Damn it!!! Stupid fingers.
I meant to write "could NOT find this problem fixed" !

> So linuxppc_2_4 has a partial fix then is what you're saying?  Around
> what lines?  I'm interested to see why _devel doesn't have this.

So IHMO there is neither in recent linuxppc_2_4_devel nor in linuxppc_2_4 a fix
for the mentioned problem.

I'll attach my patch. It is not configurable since I think it won't break anything.

If you need or wish something like CONFIG_FEC_FIX_RACE or
CONFIG_FEC_LATE_ENABLE_PHY I could do that!

Regards,

Steven