3Com 574BT PCMCIA Card on PowerPC

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Feb 1 07:16:21 EST 2003

In message <2651.1044014678 at www39.gmx.net> you wrote:

> I have seen that there exists already a solution
> for a wireless LAN card. I took these steps as

Which one are you talking about? Where did you get the kernel sources
and the PCMCIA CS package from?

> ## Booting image at 40040000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-2.4.4
>    Created:      2002-07-17  10:40:49 UTC
>    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)

Looks suspiciously like one of "our" source trees. But  this  version
is  much  too  old  for  WLAN support; this was added / fixed several
months later.

> I didn't create a new kernel, but I used one that was already
> pre-installed on the board. Could this one be the reason
> for the above error?

Definitely. You will need a current kernel,  and  currend  PCMCIA  CS
package.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Niklaus Wirth has lamented that, whereas Europeans pronounce his name
correctly  (Ni-klows  Virt),  Americans  invariably  mangle  it  into
(Nick-les  Worth).  Which  is to say that Europeans call him by name,
but Americans call him by value.