ep8260 board linux port serial port problem

Kiran Mandava kiran.mandava at skystream.com
Wed Dec 31 04:10:53 EST 2003

Hello All,

	I am trying to bringup linux 2.4.22 on ep8260 board. i have the
U-boot running fine. while booting the linux kernel the execution path is
looping in serial_console_write(verified it thr'u JTAG).SMC1 is configured
as the console.

      For the SMC port the code is setting up the proper Rx/Tx descriptors
in the on chip DPRAM and it tries to use the actual buffers from the RAM (on
the 6xx bus in this case) the code loops in the serial_console_write, but if
i change the actual buffers to be from the on chip DPRAM itself the serial
port works fine.(I guess this is how it is done in the U-boot too)..did
someone face the similar probelm, any sugestions would be greately
appreciated.

      RAM seems to be working fine, as the code gets relocated properly to
RAM and executes from there.

thanks
kiran