ep8260 board linux port

Kiran Mandava kiran.mandava at skystream.com
Sat Dec 20 10:10:48 EST 2003

Allen,

>>   I am trying to port linux 2.4.22 onto ep8260 board. (256 MB RAM on
>> 6xx
>> bus/ 32 MB Flash) using tools and source code from denx webisite.
>>   I was able to port u-boot and trying to boot linux now.
>>   i couldn't find any specific files to this board in the platform
>> directory
>> although est8260.h file has the basic bd structure. the problem i am
>> facing
>> is the processor loops in serial_console_write/ timer interrupt
>> handler. i
>> made sure that i am passing the baudrate proeprly by looking
>at the bd
>> structure while passing teh control to start_kernel function.
>>

>How are you creating your boot image. If you are following the u-boot
>directions then you don't need any board specific support in the
>kernel. If you are trying to boot zImage, then you have more work to
>do.

Do you mean zImage.embedded? I have been using make_image utility from
uboot and using image arch/ppc/boot/images/vmlinux.gz to create image that
uboot downloads via tftp.

>>   My console does display everything properly running u-boot
>but once
>> the
>> control goes to linux don't see anything on the console.
>>

>Did you happen to customize the BAUD rate information for u-boot or
>Linux?  The u-boot default is 115K, Linux default is 9600.
>
>Another thing that I have run into is the clock divider configuration
>by u-boot. Try changing your minicom baud rate up or down by
>4X and see
>if you see anything then.

I tried changing the baud rates didn't make any difference. If I attach
the BDI it is looping in serial_console_write. I did verify that clock
rate is getting passed from uboot to kernel correctly. In uboot I am
not setting the variable clock_in_mhz.

Doea anybody have .config file for EP8260 that I can use?

-Kiran