Serial console failure on DENX Linux on MPC850 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Dec 20 07:34:14 EST 2003

In message <20031218180858.55548.qmail at web41902.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I am porting latest version  Denx linux
> linuxppc_2_4_devel kernel and U-boot 3.0 to our MPC850
>  board. I also used SELF to generate the ext2 file
> system. I am using the TQM850L configuration

If your board is not a TQM850L you should be extremely carefult - you
will most probably need your own set of config options instead.

>  on my board, and configured the SCC2 as serial
> console(because the hardware designed like this).

And your hardware design is most probably different from that of  the
TQM850L< so be careful again.

> I am stuck here and any response will be cordially
> appreciated!

I guess your serial ports are misconfigured.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Here's a fish hangs in the net like a poor man's right in  the  law.
'Twill hardly come out."     - Shakespeare, Pericles, Act II, Scene 1