want info. regarding toolchain for E8260 Planetcore board

Nikhil Bhargava nikhilbhargav_nsit at coolgoose.com
Tue Dec 16 01:06:32 EST 2003

hello,

Thanks for all members of this grp for helping me out on almost all
ocassions when i have a doubt going beyond myself.

I have to port opensource Linux 2.4.X on to an E8260 mpc 8260 target
board from planet core. I will use this development board in testing
some protocol stacks. Can any one tell me what are the most stable
versions of Gcc, Glibc etc should i use. Further what components to
choose and what to discard from the standard os. Moreso, the board
already have a bootloader running so i just need to port the os on it.
In this scenarios how should i go about it. I will be using BDI 2000
emulator/debugger.

I am following Karim's embedded linux book and web resources for this.

Regards,

Nikhil Bhargava