440gx ethernet lockup

Brian Kuschak bkuschak at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 08:01:18 EST 2003

I found the problem.  Our SEEPROM was misconfigured to
set the MAL clock to PLB/4.  This resulted in a MAL
clock of 41MHz, apparently too slow...  After changing
the MAL clock to PLB/1, the system ran for days
without any problems.  Unfortunately I couldn't find
any IBM docs which specify requirements for the MAL
clock, and IBM still hasn't responded.

BTW, is anyone else having trouble with ppcsupp
lately?

Brian