K-computing RTAI benchmark cross-compile

Toni Van Remortel t.vanremortel at ha.be
Thu Aug 28 21:48:27 EST 2003

I reply once to all 3 replies from:
Wolfgang Denk
Wolfgang Grandegger
Ralph Blach

I only quote the message from Wolfgang Denk.

Op do 28-08-2003, om 11:07 schreef Wolfgang Denk:
> Dear Toni,
>
> in message <1062060226.25974.5.camel at toni> you wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to cross-compile the benchmark for RTAI, made by K-computing,
> > to ppc (EP405 board with IBM PPC 405GP cpu).
>
> I don't know this benchmakr (URL  ?),

http://www.kcomputing.com/benchmark/
It is mentioned by an article on LinuxDevices.com
(http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT6320079446.html)

> but  judging  from  the  error messages:
>
> > ppc_4xx-gcc -O -Wall -c timer_test.c
> > /tmp/ccUWN8MR.s: Assembler messages:
> > /tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:136: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
> > /tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:137: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `pushl'
> > /tmp/ccUWN8MR.s:138: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `rdtsc'
>
> ...I  guess  that  this  source  file   contains   inline   assembler
> instructions, which are NOT meant for a PowerPC processor.

As far as my C-knowledge goes, I don't see any explicit assembler code
in this file. But I might be wrong.

As I could see, the benchmark is written for x86 (well, if you take a
look at the Makefile, you might suspect it). I hoped it would
cross-compile.

If there are other benchmarks for RTAI on PPC, please tell me. It saves
me some work (on the very tight schedule I have these days).

Thank you all.

Regards,
--
                           Toni Van Remortel
              Wetenschappelijk Medewerker - D-science lab
                      E-mail: t.vanremortel at ha.be