libusb harhat/eldk cross-compile problems

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Aug 22 11:28:36 EST 2003

Mark Hatle wrote:
> C Doyle wrote:
>>    I'm trying to get the libusb to cross compile ...
>>
>> checking size of char... configure: error: can not run test program while
>> cross compiling
>
> You will need to override the configure step for figuring out things via
> compilation and running.
>
> You will need to look at the configure script and see if you can
> override the sizeof char.  (Similarly to how you overrode
> ac_cv_func_setvbuf_reversed on the command line.)
>
> If that is not possible, you will have to hack "configure" with the hard
> coded value.  (To do it "right" you should modify configure.in, then run
> autoconf.  However, that doesn't always work.)

Also, that particular problem is solved by newer versions
of autoconf, so in the best of all possible worlds, you
just need to have autoconf-2.53 or later installed,
and type
   autoconf
before running configure.   That only works sometimes, though,
since configure.in sometimes needs to be fixed a little bit to
work with the new autoconf.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel