ELDK 2.1.0, kernel 2.4.21, MPC8245, ntpd

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 20 05:04:58 EST 2003

Dear Emanuel,

in message <3F426F17.3090206 at ecubics.com> you wrote:

> I get a "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" on my system using ntpd.

This is caused by some (I2C based RTC's in "11 minute mode".

> I checked the archives, and there is one messeage about something like
> this on a 405.
>
> Is anybody working on this ? Did I missed some patches ?

We fixed this by making this mode configurable  (and  disable  it  by
default) in our version of the linuxppc_2_4_devel tree; the patch was
added on May 29, so just "cvs update" your source tree.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from
a simple system that worked."             - John Gall, _Systemantics_