problems on building linux kernel

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Aug 19 21:55:56 EST 2003

John Zhou wrote:
> ppc-linux-gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/opt/Embedix/home/abc/project/ppcTest/build/rpmdir/BUILD/linux-2.4.1/include ...
> Error: Internal assembler error for instruction bdnzlr- ...
> Error: Internal assembler error for instruction bfctrl+
> Internal error, aborting at ../../gas/config/tc-ppc.c line 1309 in md_begin

Looks like the error reported in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2002-02/msg00500.html
which was presumably fixed in binutils-2.12.
Where'd you get your compiler?
If you have a supported copy of Embedix, contact the vendor...
Otherwise, you might try upgrading to newer binutils on your own.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com