Kernel panic: No init found.?? Try passing init= option to kernel

Mike G. gohas at actinium.org
Thu Aug 14 12:29:59 EST 2003

Hi there,
Can someone give me a clue what's going on?  I been trying to figure out
what wrong with this kernel. Is it because of the squashfs system which
I am trying to use.  I know this is quite a common problem and I have
been search old news archive but to no avail. Please help

OUTPUT:-

Int flash0: Using Static image partition definition
Creating 5 MTD partitions on "Int0":
0x00000000-0x00080000 : "kernel"
0x00080000-0x00180000 : "ramdisk"
0x00180000-0x00300000 : "user1"
0x00300000-0x00380000 : "uboot"
0x00380000-0x00400000 : "user2"
VFS: Mounted root (squashfs filesystem) readonly.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 36k init
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.

I have check, the init is located at this location in the Ramdisk.

/bin/init -> ../etc/rc

But I am not sure the file system is mounted correctly.  Or is it
something wrong with the MTD because I customize the Flash mapping
myself.

Thank you in advance!

--
Mike G. <gohas at actinium.org>