console not responding on walnut 405gp

Darin.Johnson at nokia.com Darin.Johnson at nokia.com
Wed Apr 30 07:35:21 EST 2003

After booting up on a walnut 405gp board, the console prints
the shell prompt, but does not respond to input.  This works
ok when I used an older hardhat 1.2 release, but is failing
when I try to use something newer.  I can telnet in to the
system, and can send output to /dev/console or /dev/ttyS0,
and I can even open up a shell on /dev/ttyS1.  Thus the uart
code appears to be correct.  Terminal flow control is turned
off.  Other hints from the mail archives didn't provide any
leads.

The relevant line from inittab is
   /bin/sh < /dev/console > /dev/console 2> /dev/console

This problem occurs with kernel 2.4.21-pre6 (via
linuxppc-2.4-devel) and 2.4.20-2002-12-04 (from ftp.denx.de).

Darin Johnson