boot/simple in ROM?

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Fri Apr 25 03:44:43 EST 2003

The "simple" boot loaders are loaders, they are NOT bootroms.  They expect
the board to have a firmware/bootrom/monitor that does the necessary very
low level very hardware specific initialization (things like setting up
memory maps, initializing the SDRAM controller, etc.).  The "simple" boot
loaders do the added steps necessary for starting linux, so they are
necessary but NOT sufficient.

gvb