MPC860SAR MPHY try!!!

Alex Zeffertt ajz at cambridgebroadband.com
Wed Apr 23 22:05:45 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 12:51, li wrote:
> Hi ajz,
> I have implemented the native ATM communication with MPC860SAR and ppclinux(kernel 2.4.4), Now i want to try multiple PHY support on MPC860SAR.
>
> I have two PHYs, PHYA only for transmit and PHYB only for receive.

Err, MPHY means two BI-DIRECTIONAL PHYs!  Why have different PHYs for rx
and tx?

> Followed the MPC8xx_ATM doc, "each PHY in multi-phy mode has a
dedicated APC", that is i should allocate 2 APC parameter table for 2
PHYs and 2 APC table for 2 PHYs, is it right?

Sounds right.  You will really have to read the MPC862UM quite closely
to implement MPHY since the APC layout is quite different.

> Another question:
> Is there any problem with dev_data->ectbase, i think it should be
> &(dev_data->ectbase[NUM_INT_CONN_TABLES]);
> but your version is
> &(dev_data->ectbase[-NUM_INT_CONN_TABLES]);

No, there's no problem.  Read the MPC862UM. the ectbase pointer takes
into account the fact that the channel numbers start at 32.