GDB Load symbol file failed

Leiying Du ldu at solectek.com
Wed Apr 23 03:37:59 EST 2003

I'm trying to debug a device driver with BDI2000. The driver is compiled and
debugged with the development packages in the ELDK2.0. I have added -g -ggdb
in the kernel mode CFLAGS when compiling the driver. The Linux kernel
version is 2.2.13. I have followed the steps in Wolfgang's ELDK document to
load the symbol file. I used the 'add-symbol-file driver.o 0xXXXXXXXX',
where XXXXXXXX=.text and got an error message 'DWARF: There is no abbrev num
103'.
What could cause this problem? Should I check if the driver.o in the target
is stripped properly?
Thanks,

Bright Du