Cmdline Option in Linux

Johnson, Stephen stevebj at artesyncp.com
Tue Apr 22 00:49:40 EST 2003

What else do you want to specify? The baudrate?

console=/dev/ttyS0,9600

I set this in my bootargs variable for ppcboot...which gets passed in as the bootline and eliminates the need for me to type anything during the boot sequence.

setenv bootargs console=/dev/ttyS0,9600 root=/dev/nfs rw ... ... ...