Problem loading RTAI modules

Yang, Bo bo.yang at transcore.com
Fri Apr 18 10:44:36 EST 2003

Hi All,

I try to load RTAI modules on MPC8XXFADS board running DENX's linux-2.4.
I didn't see the messages like "rtai: decrementer frequency ..." to indicate

the rtai modules successfully initialized after I install rtai.o,
rtai_fifos.o, and rtai_sched.o
according to installation instruction.
And then I got "Kernel panic: kernel stack overflow" when I try to load
example rtai modules
(like ex_fastick_1.o).

I exactly followed the RTAI install instruction to patch and build the linux
kernel
on the source tree of version "D2002-09-26" as well as all RTAI modules.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for any helps.

Bo Yang