lwIP on PPCBoot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 16 07:14:00 EST 2003

In message <200304151621.55214.ADharankar at ATTBI.Com> you wrote:

> Anyone ported lwIP (http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/
> or http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip/) to PPCBoot?

None that I know of.

> I am exploring ideas to use this on PPCBoot/U-Boot.

What for? U-Boot is  a  boot  loader.  You  don't  need  things  like
multi-tasking or a ful TCP/IP stack or java support in a boot loader.
If  your applications needs such services, then use U-Boot to boot an
OS. I recommend to use tools for the  purpose  for  which  they  were
designed  for. Yes, you can use a microscope as a hammer, but I don't
think it's a good idea. YMMV.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
God made the integers; all else is the work of Man.       - Kronecker