Ethernet Driver Needed for IBM PPC 405 (Codename Walnut)

Binh Nguyen binh at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 9 23:10:48 EST 2003

> > I heard that some one has written an ethernet driver for the IBM PPC
405
> > board for Linux some time ago.  The author  has seen  performance
> > improvement because the driver services interrupts in a better way.  If
> > some one has a copy of the driver, would you please send it to
> > binh at us.ibm.com.  Also any tips on how to install the driver is
> > appreciated.  Thanks very much.

Some clarifications to the origional posting:  I am refering to a post
where the poster mentioned writing a replacement EMAC driver that had
produced better performance than the standard one shippped with MontaVista
Linux.

Binh Nguyen

                      Matt Porter
                      <porter at cox.net>         To:       Binh Nguyen/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS,
                                                linuxppc-embedded at lists.linuxppc.org,
                      04/08/03 08:24 PM         linuxppc-users at lists.linuxppc.org
                                               cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: Ethernet Driver Needed for IBM PPC 405
                                                (Codename Walnut)

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 09:33:56AM +1000, David Gibson wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 04:45:47PM -0400, Binh Nguyen wrote:
> >
> > I heard that some one has written an ethernet driver for the IBM PPC
405
> > board for Linux some time ago.  The author  has seen  performance
> > improvement because the driver services interrupts in a better way.  If
> > some one has a copy of the driver, would you please send it to
> > binh at us.ibm.com.  Also any tips on how to install the driver is
> > appreciated.  Thanks very much.
>
> The driver is included in the linuxppc_2_4_devel and linuxppc-2.4
> kernel trees.  You probably want to be using one of those trees in any
> case.

He might be referring to a post here (in the last 6 months or so)
where the poster mentioned writing a replacement EMAC driver that
had better performance than the standard driver.  I can't seem to
locate the post at the moment, but perhaps somebody else remembers
and can find it in the archives.

Regards,
--
Matt Porter