mpc8xx DCBZ (&friends) hw bug. Tests, analysis + conclusions.

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Wed Apr 9 02:42:30 EST 2003

> Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>
> Why not tag MD_EPN with an unused CASID?

That won't work, will it? Your test report said that the CASID
bits were set/reset by dcbi and dcbz? Did I missunderstand something?

Also, the tagging procedure will require more than 2 instructions, I think.

I tried to use the VALID bit in MD_EPN, but that does not work.

One thing I noticed is that I can remove M_CASID and M_EVALID copy in the DTLB Error
handler without any visible problems. Why are they needed?

 Jocke