How about Linux on MPC860

Conn Clark clark at esteem.com
Tue Apr 8 02:23:58 EST 2003

Welcome to the list Sun,

	Linux on the MPC860 can be extreemly stable. It depends on how
conservative you are in choosing your kernel source, other software
components, and patches you apply. Performance is hard to quantify. I
don't know what your planning to do or what you expect. The only way to
really know is try it. I can tell you that performance at 49MHz of
MPC850 ( a less powerful version of the MPC860 ) is sufficient for our
needs as an 802.11b access point.

sun-zj at tdk-tech.com wrote:
> Hi:
>    I am a newbie to Linux running on Motorola MPC860 hardware.
> I always uses the linux on Intel x86 archtechure. Now I want to
> utilize the combination of  Motorola MPC860 and linux.But I don't
> know the degree of robustness of Linux on MPC860 ,performance of
> them. Anyone knows that would tell me kindly, Thanks you and everyone
> building Linux very much.
>
>    Best Regards
>    Sun Zongjun
>
>    2003/04/07

Good Luck and have fun,

	Conn

   If you live at home long enough, your parents will move out.
  (Warning they may try to sell their house out from under you.)

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				clark at esteem.com
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com