Disabling data cache

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 3 06:19:09 EST 2003

In message <20030402194622.GA30107 at ip68-0-152-218.tc.ph.cox.net> you wrote:

> > It was orginally done for 8xx processors.  I suspect someone (I don't
> > think it was me) :-) tried to consolidate 8xx and 82xx CPM configurations
> > and messed it up.
>
> My guess and recollection is that the 8260 version of this was to
> disable the DCACHE in a certain manner, because of buggy silicon on a
> specific board.  Someone unmerged this bit of code later I think.

It might have been me. We had problems on  the  first  prototypes  of
TQM8260 boards; the board configuration with L2 cache would only work
with  DC turned off. The problem disappeared with later silicon, so I
never checked again what happened with the code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Intel told us the Pentium would have "RISK" features...