Problem porting ppcboot on custom board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 1 03:10:38 EST 2003

In message <3E8875B4.B41693B7 at tataelxsi.co.in> you wrote:

> Problem:
> Serial port is not printing any character on the hyperterminal. I used
> CRO to see any activity on the transmit pin (TXD pin) but there is
> nothing happening.

This is off-topic on a LInux mailing list.

Also, you should not use PPCBoot for any new work.  PPCBoot  develop-
ment has been discontinued. Use U-Boot instead.

Your chances for  useful  replies  are  better  on  the  u-boot-users
mailing list.

> Iam using BDI2000 emulator just to load the ppcboot code and see the
> dump.
>
> Can u please suggest possible place where something might have gone
> wrong?

Use GDB and the BDI2000 to actually debug your code. You got a  great
tool, use it's capabilities.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"It's when they say 2 + 2 = 5 that I begin to argue."    - Eric Pepke