where does kernel config MPC860 memory controller BRx register?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 29 18:33:58 EST 2002

In message <03db01c26789$12dcb5b0$6100a8c0 at udtech.net> you wrote:

> I want to use CS3 of MPC860 for some devices,
> so I need config BR3 register, I don't know where
> to config it, I have not find BR0's config code.
> Where can I find BR0's config code? If I find that,
> I think I can place my code there.

The initialziation of the memory controller (and things like  testing
and  sizing available memory) have to be done by the firmware on your
board, so look in your firmware sources.

For additional chip selects, you can  of  course  add  the  necessary
BRx/ORx initialization in the init function of the device driver that
will be accessing this hardware.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I think it's a new feature. Don't tell anyone it was an accident. :-)
  -- Larry Wall on s/foo/bar/eieio in <10911 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>