Enabling timebase on 8245

Dayton, Dean deand at aiinet.com
Fri Sep 27 06:29:40 EST 2002

I am trying to run a variant of 2.4.19-rc3 on a Cogent CSB281 board
(MPC8245). The kernel boots to the point of printing

time_init: decrementer frequency = 0.000000MHz
Warning: real time clock seems stuck!
Calibrating delay loop...

The decrementer frequency is supposed to be determined by polling reading
the timebase before and after a one second delay. But the timebase is not
changing. I can't figure out out how to enable the timebase on an 8245 (it
doesn't seem to have a Timebase Status and Control Register like the 860).

Thanks
Dean

Dean Dayton
System Architect - Applied Innovation Inc.
(614)923-1174
deand at aiinet.com