8xx PCMCIA: request_irq vs. request_8xxirq ?

Hans Feldt Hans.Feldt at uab.ericsson.se
Tue Sep 17 21:48:08 EST 2002

I ran into the same problem trying to bring up a flashdisk with an IDE
interface connected to the 8260 localbus on our custom board.

init_irq in ide-probe.c calls ide_request_irq which is defined in
asm-ppc/ide.h as request_irq which calls panic.

I changed the request_irq routine in m8260_setup.c to call
request_8xxirq. Doing so I got the disk to work.

But what's the real solution?

Cheers,
Hans