kgdb with 2.4.20pre7 kernel on 405 target

Matthias Fuchs matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com
Tue Sep 17 19:35:18 EST 2002

Hi,

I am trying to use a cross gdb against a 405 target (CPCI405) using a kgdb kernel
on the target. The kernel is exported from bitkeeper this morning.
The host gdb for 405 is version 5.1.1 from the Denx ELDK.

When I boot my target, it stops and waits for the gdb connection. Then
I start ppc_4xx-gdb on my x86 host with vmlinux as argument.

I enter "target remote /dev/ttyS1" at the gdb prompt and get:

Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
0xc000d77c in breakinst ()
(gdb)

I thinks that's fine so far. Then I type "c" and my target keeps on booting. My gdb says:

(gdb) c
Continuing.
Can't send signals to this remote system.  SIGILL not sent.

What does this mean ? From now on I cannot interupt the target.

Is this a problem with kgdb ?

Matthias