mpc8xx fpu emu

Conn Clark clark at esteem.com
Fri Sep 13 03:42:10 EST 2002

Alban Wood wrote:

<snip>

> I was unaware of this. I guess I would have realized this at some point
> but would have lost a lot of time.
>
> Are there specific known cases or instructions for which the emulator
> doesn't behave correctly?

	Unfortunatly I haven't tried using the fpu emulation, I'm just
relaying to you what I've been told when I pursued it hoping to save ram.
After finding out it would only shave about 4K off of glibc I abandoned
the quest. I determined it was just not worth the hassel for such small
gains and applying my efforts elsewhere would yeild greater savings.

	I don't know of anyone who has tried it lately, so the bugs may
no longer exist. Wolfgang Denk (who's opinion I hold with high regard)
has said that he could get it to fail with the "ls -l" command as I
recall.
<snip>

> Yes it does. Thank you!
>
> Alban

	Exactly why do you want to use fpu emulation?

Hope I'm helping

	Conn

  If you live at home long enough, your parents will move out.
 (Warning they may try to sell their house out from under you.)

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				clark at esteem.com
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com