How to run SELF without Hardhat 2.0?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 9 20:08:49 EST 2002

Dear Luo Yanjun,

in message <03e001c257e5$48cc96d0$6100a8c0 at udtech.net> you wrote:

> I just installed ELDK and compiled the kernel, I don't know how to make a
> ramdisk,
> and I searched the list find that you have made a SELF can build kernel with
> ramdisk,
> so I want to try, but I found that the SELF just use Hardhat 2.0 as develop
> environment,
> I don't have Hardhat 2.0 now, only ELDK, so can I use SELF?

Of course you can.

You should see the SELF package as a construction kit  for  your  own
envrionment;  all  you  need to do to use SELF with our ELDK (version
1.x) is to create a  new  file  "config/LIB_LIST.ELDK-1.0"  with  the
following content:

----- cut here -----
lib/ld-2.2.1.so
lib/ld.so.1
lib/libc-2.2.1.so
lib/libc.so.6
lib/libcrypt-2.2.1.so
lib/libcrypt.so.1
lib/libdl-2.2.1.so
lib/libdl.so.2
lib/libnsl-2.2.1.so
lib/libnsl.so.1
lib/libnss_compat-2.2.1.so
lib/libnss_compat.so.2
lib/libnss_files-2.2.1.so
lib/libnss_files.so.2
lib/libresolv-2.2.1.so
lib/libresolv.so.2
lib/libutil-2.2.1.so
lib/libutil.so.1
----- cut here -----

Then make your board's config file look like this:

	CROSS_PREFIX    = ppc_8xx-
	CDK_DIR         = /opt/eldk/usr
	LIB_DIR         = /opt/eldk/ppc_8xx
	LIBRARIES       = LIB_LIST.ELDK-1.0

That's all.

BTW: The next version of our ELDK will contain an adapted version  of
SELF,  with pre-build images for all supported arcitectures. ELDK-2.0
is based on YD-2.3 and will be available in 2 or 3 weeks from now.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
When you die, the first thing you lose is your life. The  next  thing
is the illusions.                       - Terry Pratchett, _Pyramids_