MPC860T FEC problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 8 03:14:57 EST 2002

Hi,

in message <MBBBIOFIICDAPDMKHBDEKEDLCAAA.o_yahav at netvision.net.il> you wrote:

> I'm trying to port linux 2.2.14 on MPC860T and busybox as initrd.

2.2.14 is prehistoric stuff. Don't waste your time on  all  the  bugs
and problems that have been fixed since.

> I have not seen any initializetion of the BCSR4 so i initialize it with the
> value
> that ppcboot uses , so the ENABLE led is on too.

Ummm... What's BCSR4? If PPCBoot initializes it, why do you  have  to
initialize it again?

> The device isn't working even when i use ppcboot (i configured ppcboot to
> use it).

Sic! So get PPCBoot running first.

> 1. Why there is no initializetion of BCSR4 in the original code?
> 2. If BCSR4 must be initialized , what is the correct value?
> 3. Is any one have a code that succeeded getting FEC device to work?

Among all the things you don;t care to mention is which  bard  you're
working  on.  My  guess is that it simply never was really working in
that old kernel version.

As I said before: you are wasting your time. Use a current kernel.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The faster I go, the behinder I get.                 -- Lewis Carroll