Irq 0 problem

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Sep 8 01:29:25 EST 2002

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 01:32:12PM -0400, Dayton, Dean wrote:

> I have been trying to port Linux 2.4.18-pre2 to the MPC8266ADS board. I
> grabbed the SCC uart.c from 2.5.31.

Why did you grab a file from 2.5.31?  And is there any reason you aren't
using 2.4.18 final or 2.4.19 final instead ?

> The kernel loads and runs, the ramdisk is uncompressed and mounted. Then I
> take an interrupt with SIVEC=0. SIVEC is now 0 everytime it is read, this
> causes do_IRQ() to go into an endless loop.
[snip]
> -		if (irq >= 0)
> +		if (irq > 0)
> 			ppc_irq_dispatch_handler()
[snip]
> This appears to solve (or at least hide) my problem. Has anyone else run
> into this? I think it is occuring during the open of the console port (SCC
> 1). I ran into the same thing while trying to run on an EST8260 using an SMC
> as the console. Am I simply covering up a problem with a misconfigured
> device driver?

I think the problem is you're using a kernel which doesn't have the 8260
irq function updated to return -1 when there's nothing pending..  Can
you verify that this is a problem with 2.4.19 or 2.4.18 ?

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/