ATM issue: one Host Four Nodes

Alex Zeffertt ajz at cambridgebroadband.com
Fri Sep 6 01:54:44 EST 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002,  wrote:

In each NODE set up 1 terminated VC, and 3 switched VCs (using the
atm-860.o specific /proc/net/atm/switch interface).

here's an example of how to set up a switched VC from 0.0.32 to 0.0.32
using the atm-860.o driver:

echo add 0.0.32 0.0.32 1000 cbr > /proc/net/atm/switch

         from-VC to-VC  PCR  TT

See http://mpc860sar.sourceforge.net for the source code.

Alex

BTW:  If you're board only has one PHY then you need an ATM switch in the
middle to create the ring topology.  If it's multi PHY then you will need
to modify the atm-860.o driver because it doesn't support this yet.  (I
think that multi-PHY is only available on MPC862s anyway....)