RomDisk

Sunil P Antony sunilpa at india.tek.com
Thu Sep 5 20:33:37 EST 2002

Hello All,
	I'm using the romfs on my Intel strata flash which will contain the kernel
and the application. According to the docs the romfs image is built into the
kernel, I'd like to know if the romfs is also RAM resident all the time or
is there a pointer that might access it from the rom device. The rom disk
driver provided, accesses the FS data through a char array. Incase the romfs
is always RAM resident, i would like to flash the FS image and acccess it
from the flash. Is this possible with the current char array? Or should i
convert it to a binary and then flash the image.
The following link has the details....
http://romfs.sourceforge.net/
	I am also interested in mounting this root ROMFS onto my flash device. But
it gives me an "unable to open device" error. The bootargs have been
specified as "root=/dev/flash0 ro console=tty0 console=ttyS0,9600". I'm
using a PPC 860 architecture with Linux 2.4.
Hoping someone could help me out in this matter.

Thanking you,
Sunil