NFS client-side components question

Paul White pwhite at bivio.net
Tue Oct 29 14:38:43 EST 2002

Jim,

It sounds like its trying to use portmap for locking purposes.  Try
using a -o nolock argument to your mount call, as it sounds like you
don't have the port mapper installed or running on your ram disk.
This is what we had to do with ours, and it works great.

Here's what we do:

mount -t nfs -o nolock $SERVER:/home/log /log

Hope this helps..

Paul