Why isn't there an validate_dcache_range() function?

Stephan Linke Stephan.Linke at epygi.de
Tue Oct 29 02:38:44 EST 2002

Hi,

I just got stuck with that question and shurely whoun't find the answer:
If I am using invalidate_dcache_range() for the data area of an skb
shouldn't I enable caching for that area after the the skb is no longer
assigned to the CPM module? There's no validate_dchace_range() so I can't.
Why?
There's shurely a reason for that. But I think using an skb like this will
disable caching for most of the memory areas in a long term view...
Is there any solution?

Stephan