who have ported linux to ibm embedded 440GP ?

Matt Porter porter at cox.net
Sat Oct 26 02:45:28 EST 2002

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 09:05:10AM +0800, caixupeng wrote:

> I have a 440GP board (ebony) , and develop a PrPMC board also.
> they are running vxworks, but I want port linux to it .
>
> who can guide me?

Get yourself copies of "Understanding the Linux Kernel" and
"Linux Device Drivers 2nd Edition".

Get kernel source, http://penguinppc.org/dev/kernel.shtml

Study the ebony port and make a new one.  Ask questions here when
you get stumped.

Alternatively, you can pay a consultant/contractor/vendor for support
or enablement services if you are more interested in working on the
end application that will make you money. :)

Regards,
--
Matt Porter
porter at cox.net