PrPMC800 interrupt problem

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Oct 26 02:04:33 EST 2002

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 05:50:35PM +0200, Anders Blomdell wrote:

> On fredag, oktober 25, 2002, at 05:40 , Tom Rini wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 05:15:46PM +0200, Anders Blomdell wrote:
> >
> >>The problem seems to be that the UART generates an Harrier internal
> >>interrupt. This should be handled as any other MPIC interrupt, but it isn'
> >>t. This lack of an appropriate handler (irq_desc[16].handler == 0) makes
> >>the Harrier chip wait forever for an EOI.
> >>
> >>A very hacky solution to this is to modify 'prpmc800_init_IRQ' to:
> >
> >Did you update the initsenses table as well?  And are you sure you are
> >calling openpic_set_sources() correctly?  That only maps OpenPIC source
> >16 to be Linux interrupt 16, and doesn't catch any of the other sources
> >('tho I don't have the prpmc800 manual in front of me)
> The initsenses table was correct already, but open_pic.c relies on the
> number of interrupt sources returned from the feature reporting register,
> that excludes the internal sources (in Harrier, Hawk and Raven chips at
> least). Thus these interrupts are not correctly setup. I posted a possible
> (==untested) solution a few minutes ago.

If they are correct, change them from '1' / '0' to IRQ_SENSE_LEVEL |
IRQ_POLARITY_NEGATIVE.  I think the problem is that you are not calling
openpic_set_sources(...) correctly, or enough times.  openpic_init() can
only be called without calling openpic_set_sources() if the default call
in openpic_init() will work correctly, as is.

> BTW: Is there any documentation on the OpenPIC controllers, the AMD link
> seems to have disappeared.

The MPC107 manual or the MPC8240 manual, iirc.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/