Riscwatch debugging

Hollis Blanchard hollis at austin.ibm.com
Wed Oct 23 03:32:02 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 07:15, Ralph Blach wrote:

> Try compiling with -dwarf2.  We have no problem with symbolic debug with
> riscwatch here.
>
> You will also need to set you srchpath to inclulde the .o file that contain
> the debug info

Could you be more specific? I've just built a kernel with gcc 3.2 -g
(defaults to dwarf2). What must I add to my srchpath so I can debug the
whole kernel (not a particular object file)?

Currently I have linux/ (for the vmlinux debug info?) and
linux/arch/ppc/boot/images (to load the zImage). I've loaded with 'load
image zImage.initrd.treeboot', but all the Source windows remain blank.

-Hollis