Problems with 2_4_devel & MVME2600 serial interrupts

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Sat Oct 19 01:47:32 EST 2002

> Seems to me that either:
> a) the pci_intack value is incorrect for your board, in which case you
> should correct it
Shure is, question is if it really should be caught from the pci_intack
register, as far as I can understand from the MVME2600 doc's, the 8259
interrupt generates a MPIC-IRQ0, but one has to poll the 8259 to find out
what device it was that generated the interrupt.

> b) your board's int-ack feature is broken and you'll need to poll

Perhaps an extra field in the 'mot_info' (arch/ppc/platforms/prep_pci.c) is
called for? This line in prep_init_IRQ (arch/ppc/platforms/prep_setup.c):

   i8259_init(0xbffffff0); /* PCI interrupt ack address for MPC105 and 106
*/

does not look like a general solution.

I'll take a further look in next week. Any comments/suggestions are welcome.
..

Regards

Anders Blomdell