ELDK builds for 8260 ADS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 18 08:28:12 EST 2002

Dear Joe,

in message <6D4DC8B4AD16D6118E8200D0B76FE262024188CD at ONT06EXM01> you wrote:
> We are using the 1.0.1 of the ELDK.  The problem is as follows->
>
> In file included from /ads-root/usr/include/asm/io.h:38,
>                  from atm_hw.c:13:
> /ads-root/usr/include/asm/mpc8260.h:40: platforms/ads826x.h: No such file or directory
>
> mpc8260.h snip:
> >>>>>>>>>
> #ifdef CONFIG_WILLOW
> #include <platforms/willow.h>
> #endif

This is not the version of mpc8260.h that shipped with the ELDK.

> Is the fix to add a link as follows: usr/include/platforms -> ../src/linux/arch/ppc/platforms

If you use kernel sources which differ from those  shipped  with  the
ELDK you must make sure to adjust your include path as necessary.

Do NOT manipulate the contents of ppc_???/usr/include;  what's  there
now   matches   the  version  of  glibc  you  have  now.  Introducing
discrepancies might introduce unwanted effects.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Remember that Beethoven wrote his first symphony in C ...